The Ocado Little Inventors Food Waste Challenge invited all children in the UK to become inventors and help solve the problem of good food being thrown away!
The most ingenious idea were made real by one of our Magnificent Makers and exhibited at the Discovery Museum in Newcastle as part of the Great Exhibition of the North this summer!
The winner won a trip to what is the biggest event in 2018 in England, and £250 worth of Ocado vouchers!
Most recent ideas
Latest ideas brought to life
Terms and conditions
OCADO FOOD WASTE CHALLENGE COMPETITION – TERMS AND CONDITIONS TERMS AND CONDITIONS APPLY TO EACH ENTRY
- If you are the parent or guardian of a child who wishes to enter this competition, please read these terms and conditions on behalf of your child before they enter. Each entrant who is a child must have the consent of their parent or guardian to enter and, by giving your consent, you (the parent or guardian) agrees that the below terms and conditions apply to each entry submitted by your child.
- Each entrant is deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions upon entry. Ocado reserves the right to refuse entry, or refuse to award any prize, to anyone in breach of these terms and conditions.
- The competition is free to enter and no purchase is necessary.
WHO ARE THE PROMOTERS?
- The promoters of this competition are:o Little Inventors Worldwide Limited (registration no. 10344685) (the “Little Inventors”). Correspondence address: 26 Granville Court Newcastle UponTyne NE2 1QTo Ocado Retail Limited (registration no. 7098618.) (“Ocado”). Correspondence address: Trident Place, Mosquito Way, Hatfield, AL10 9UL.
WHO CAN ENTER AND HOW LONG DOES THE COMPETITION RUN FOR?
The competition is open to children of all ages based in the United Kingdom, provided that the entrant has permission from their parent or guardian to enter, (except employees of Little Inventors or Ocado, their families, agents or any third party directly associated with administration of the prize draw).
Entrants may be asked to provide proof of permission from their parent or guardian to enter this competition. If such proof cannot be provided then unfortunately the relevant entry may be disqualified.
The competition will run from 26 March 2018 (the "Opening Date") to 7 May 2018(the "Closing Date") inclusive. All competition entries must be received by no laterthan the Closing Date. All entries received after 23.59pm on the Closing Date regrettably cannot be accepted.
HOW TO ENTER
To enter: (i) download the Little Inventors Ocado Food Waste challenge presentation available on Little Inventors’ website (Ocado.littleinventors.org) and print out the challenge invention sheet provided in the presentation; and (ii) draw your invention idea on the challenge invention sheet, scan the whole sheet and then upload the scan of your idea(s) in jpeg, png or gif format to the Little Inventors’ website before the competition closes.
Each entrant may submit up to a maximum of 5 entries but no entrant can win more than one prize.
Neither Little Inventors nor Ocado accept any responsibility for entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted or which fail to reach Little Inventors by the close of the competition for any reason (including, without limitation, technical issues).
Copies of each entry submitted will not be returned.
- In relation to each entry submitted by them, the entrant confirms that:o the entry is completely their own original work and does not copy or include any third party’s work o there are no conflicting agreements in place that restrict use of any images or other works included in each entry submitted by them o they grant each of Little Inventors and Ocado a perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide licence for the full term of copyright, to use, alter, adapt, publish, distribute, display and sublicense rights in the works contained in each entry submitted by them; ando they waive all moral rights in and to each entry.
- Each entry may be displayed on the Little Inventors and/or Ocado websites (at the discretion of Little Inventors and Ocado respectively) and/or on social media and any other electronic media and/or at launch event(s) for the Ocado Food Waste Challenge.
- Bulk entries made from trade, consumer groups or third parties will not be accepted. Incomplete or illegible entries, entries by macros or other automated means (including systems which can be programmed to enter), and entries which do not satisfy the requirements of these terms and conditions in full will be disqualified and will not be counted. If it becomes apparent that an entrant is using a computer(s) to circumvent this condition by, for example, the use of ‘script’, ‘brute force’, masking their identity by manipulating IP addresses, using identities other than their own or any other automated means in order to increase that entrant’s entries into the competition in a way that is not consistent with the spirit of the competition, that entrant’s entries will be disqualified and any prize award will be void.
WHO WILL JUDGE THE ENTRIES?
- Little Inventors will share all entries with Ocado. Little Inventors and Ocado will bejudging the competition together, alongside a representative from WRAP (the Waste and Resources Action Programme). The winning entries will be those that the judges consider to be the most inventive, creative and original. The decision of Little Inventors and Ocado is final and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
- There will be one winning invention drawing selected for making. There will also be two runner up invention drawings. Judging of entries will occur after the Closing Date and the Winner will be determined by 21 May 2018.
PRIZES i. One (1) the most ingenious invention will be made real by professional makers, designers and artists ii. A trip to the Great Exhibition of the North, inclusive of travel to the value of £500 iii. £250 worth of Ocado vouchers iv. The selected invention idea that is made real will be exhibited this summer as part of the Great Exhibition of the North, opening 22nd June 2018, and Little Inventors retains the discretion to determine the exhibition placement which the winning invention ideas will be displayed (i.e. location at the exhibition event.)
- The prize for two Runners Up will be: i. £50 worth of Ocado vouchers per Runner Up
3.2.The prize for the Winner’s school will be: i. The Winner’s school will also receive a special Little Inventors workshop, whereby Dominic Wilcox will present the Winner with their prize and host a workshop
- The final selection criteria is subject to any required release/consent forms being signed by the entrant and their parent/guardian if applicable.
- The Winners will be notified by email or telephone (using details provided with the Winner’s entry) on or before 21 May 2018 and must provide a postal address within 14 days of being notified of their win in order to claim their Prize. Names of the Winner and Runners Up will also be posted on the Little Inventors website and each entrant consents to such publication by entering the competition.
- All prizes are non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered. No purchase necessary.
- Little Inventors and Ocado reserve the right to replace the prize with an alternative prize of equivalent or higher value if circumstances beyond their individual control makes it necessary to do so.
OCADO VOUCHER TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The winner's details will be shared with Ocado to attach the vouchers to the winner’s Ocado account.
- The prize of £250 in vouchers may be split into multiple vouchers to make this redeemable on multiple shops on ocado.com
- The winner of this prize draw must have an active ocado.com account or create an ocado.com account to access the prize Vouchers.
- The prize Voucher(s) will be valid on orders placed 12 months from receipt
- The prize Voucher(s) will be valid on orders delivered 12 months from receipt
- The Vouchers only apply to goods purchased on the Ocado.com website, and may not be used at any other internet site, including any website of Waitrose or the John Lewis Partnership. It may not be used at any retail outlet or store whatsoever.
- The Vouchers cannot be combined with each other (or with other ocado.com voucher codes) but can be combined with general product promotional offers appearing to all customers on the Ocado website.
- The Vouchers cannot be applied to past orders made with Ocado and cannot be backdated or redeemed for cash.
- The Vouchers cannot be used against the purchase of tobacco products, postage stamps, infant formula, the purchase of Ocado Gift Vouchers, and food donationswith Ocado. Statutory minimum alcohol pricing will apply.
- Ocado reserves the right to withdraw or terminate any of its Vouchers at any time, either as a whole or for specific delivery areas. If this happens, then the Vouchers may not be used for any orders placed after the date of withdrawal or termination. Ocado reserves the right to reject the use of a Voucher where fraud is suspected.
PUBLICITY AND DATA USE
- The Winners may be requested to participate in publicity related to the competition which may include the publication of their name, age and invention ideas in any media. Entrants shall seek permission from a parent or guardian prior to any publication of such entrants details.
- Your personal data will be treated in confidence and will not be disclosed to any third parties for their marketing purposes without your prior consent.
OTHER IMPORTANT DETAILS
- The Promoters have organised this prize draw in good faith but cannot accept any liability relating to the prize draw or the prize offered.
- The Promoters reserve the right to hold void, cancel, suspend, or amend the competition where it becomes necessary to do so.
- The Promoters reserve the right to verify the eligibility of entrants. The Promoters may require such information as it considers reasonably necessary for this purpose and a prize may be withheld unless and until the Promoter is satisfied with the verification.
- The Promoters reserve the right at their sole discretion to eliminate or disqualify any entries or entrants that it regards as being in breach of these conditions or the spirit of the Promotion.
- The Promoters accept no responsibility for system errors or other issues that may result in disruption to lost or delayed winner notifications.
- Insofar as is permitted by law, Little Inventors and Ocado, their agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, injury or disappointment occurring as a result of entering the competition or accepting a prize. Nothing shall exclude the Promoters’ liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
- The competition will be governed by English law and entrants to the competition submit to the jurisdiction of the English courts.